Saturday, January 24, 2009

lace makes me crabby

















So here's what I've been doing. It took two point five years to actually get my yarn in the mail, so in the meantime I made two cozies, as seen on the right. One has my camera, the other is for Laura! This time instead of using velcro I made button holes. It was much easier than messing around with all the sewing. The base pattern was from Stitch n Bitch but I sorta just made it as long as I felt like and I only used one yarn thing for Laura's and two for my own. I just sorta took creative liberties there. Not that it's difficult with a cozy like such.

The left picture is the beginning of my lace scarf. I'm not so sure how it's going. I've been told to keep trucking and it'll be fine and to wait til I block it because apparently that makes a difference. In the meantime, I'm just trying to get used to looser stitches. For citing purposes, here's the pattern I'm using: http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/a6-pattern.shtm

In a related note, I think it's cruel for the yarn industry to make anything into a hank and expect me to ball it myself. That was nearly 3 hours of my life I'll never get back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment